top of page

Greenhouse Gas Emissions

Greenhouse Gas (GHG) Emissions

blue line.png

All GHG emissions were calculated with the EPA Simplified GHG Emissions Calculator in accordance with the GHG Protocol Corporate Accounting and Reporting Standard.

Scopes 1 & 2
Due to the nature of our remote working staff, BCS does not have any Scope 1 or Scope 2 emissions to report for the Calendar Year 2022. Government-owned and operated buildings were not included as BCS properties as they are not owned or operated by BCS staff. A small number of our staff does occupy a rented office space infrequently however, after reaching out to the building's leasing office, we were informed that they do not submeter individual offices. Therefore, BCS does not have any Scope 1 or 2 emissions as the building owner does not specifically attribute any electricity or fuel use to our space.
Scope 3
BCS contributed 18.45 metric tons of carbon dioxide equivalent (CO2-e) through business travel and employee commuting in Calendar Year 2022. Travel and commute data was self-attested by the employees that took these trips, and when calculating commuting data it was assumed that the year included 50 working weeks. 61% of our GHG emissions were from employees commuting to on-site work. The other 39% of our GHG emissions were due to employee travel for various company duties and events. 

All of our scope 3 emissions come from commuting and related business travel. A breakdown of these emissions can be found in the attached workbook.

bottom of page